HI:)
Am back ....! to give my review about ARR's latest SAKKARAKATTI !!!
So, straight away...............here I go. . .
1. CHINNAMMA CHILAKAMMA
This is a hindi song.. So,even before listening, one could guess how this song will be..! Hmm.. anyone who have heard the hindi Chinnamma will listen to this tamil version with less concentration. Well, thats the mistake..!!!!
Sakkarakatti's CHINNAMMA rocksss !!!
And the full credits goes to BENNY and CHINMAYI.. Amazing, ENERGETIC singing by the lead singers and the female harmonies need a special mention. The beginning by Benny,
Jal Jalakku un konjal....
Ahh.. thts enough..! One will agree that this song has a very different and a special feel though its there already in hindi..!
Benny's beginning... and all those superb brighas in between, the delivery of the words... Extra-Ordinary :)
What a superb find Benny is !!! :)
And Chinmayi.... I dont find proper words to describe her rendition in this particular song. The hindi version has no female lead in this song. Its really great that ARR made this a duet in tamil n also that he gave it to our Chinmayi :)
Agai, just like Benny ... the very first lines of Chinmayi...
Kannale anuppinai ANJAL... MANJAL ....
and also that ...........
Yaar yaaro ...................... and especially ONDRENDRU SOLVAYO :)
And she shows a new dimension while singing,
A-ayyo kasakkum ... A-tharuppai theeye ....................... Shtylishhh !!!!
Awesome dance number this is .. All the interludes and the chorus thing are same as the hindi version so need not explain it much.. When compared with the hindi version I'd definetely vote for the tamil version though both the versions belong to the ONE AND ONLY maestro and the credits go to BENNY and CHINMAYI
My Applaudes :)
2. NAAN EPPOUDHU
Again , YEH RISHTA KYA KEHLATA HAI from MEENAXI. What a wonderful song Yeh Rishta is..! the tamil version is almost the same. Sung by REENA BHARADWAJ. The same kind of modulations and emotions which she gave in hindi is present even in this version. Only difference is that she has tried her level best to KILL tamil !! :P
And to her luck, this song has almost many difficult words.. LOL
naan eppodhu penn aanen....... this is how it is supposed to be sung
nyaan yeppodhhu penannen..... this is how she sings
And in a place where she is supposed to say ALAIYAI, she sings, HALEYYEI ..... lolz :P
OKAY ...!!! I'll stop complaining about her rendition of tamil words for one should accept and understand the difficulties in singing a language without knowing it.. Besides that, its the same as hindi version..... as good as the original...! Kudos :)
3. MARUDHAANI
The first original song in this film.. Listen to 00:10 to 00:26 first. And then 00:27 to 00:45. According to me, those 45 seconds are more than suffice to prove that this song is just THE BEST ... Any music buff can easily gel with the feel of the song immediately after listening to those beginning bits.. If it isn't enough, then you have the entire 06:27 minute song :) Big thanks to Rahman sir for giving us such a great song :) and a small disappointment too :( to which I'll come later.
We have MADHUSHREE singing this song. I think this is her second female solo for ARR after the one in AE/YUVA.
Many many cheers/ applaudes/ pranams ........... and what not............ for Madhushree who, I think, has really worked hard on her diction. Amazing pronunciation and all those kutti kutti sanghadhis are really really superb.I think she wud have been swaying while recording this song as she normally does while performing on stage. The song has little bit sad feel. But I feel that thats one of the important reasons why this song has become so special!!!
Vaazhum payirkku thannir veendum... Kadhal kadhaikku kanner veendum.........mm :P ...whata thought...!
and very beautifully she sings , "marudhaani vizhiyil yen" ... nice feel in each and every line... Actually, each line needs to be mentioned but hey, I cant write the entire song over here for konjam konjam enakku theriyadhu :D
I listen to this song for about three times a day .... thts minimum.. :P My (most) favourite line in this song is the third one in the charanam....
Aathiram nethiram kooda- aa- a paalayum kallaai aval paarkiral... ... And the corresponding line in charam 1 is also so cool..!
And ya, the DISAPPOINTMENT..! yaa, thats nothing but '02:48-02:59' and '04:29'. Hey, I am not to be misunderstood over here. Rahman sir's humming is not the disappointment. The thing is that why can't Sir sing few more lines :( He could have sung few more na... When we listen to this song for the first time, we wud really expect him to sing few more lines other than that humming. But alas, thats the disappointment. :(
Well, the interlude 1 and the interlude 2 will transfix you. That too, the keyboard+flute bit in the first interlude reminds me of the "western" part in Lagaan's Oh Re Chhori. It doesn't resemble the latter but the feel is the same.
On the whole, this is an awesome song. Can give ***** rating .. !
4. I MISS YOU DA
"......emminey emminey emminey....... 'm missing you...." Who is this INDAI HAZA ?? Oh... another new find by ARR ? NO !!! Its CHINMAYI's alter ego. :-o
MANN....! Is Chinmayi a split personality or something ? May be she is !!! :) I am not able to measure the extent to which she can modulate..! This astonishing singer has another song in the same film in which she has sung as Chinmayi.. I MISS YOU DA is a very stylish song, she has sung the entire song in a low, husky, seductive, sexy voice :P Am not exagerrating it at all. And that "eeisshtam neeyada..." things is too too good. And in charanam2 , I think each line is sung partly by Chinmayi and partly by Indai Haza..... actually by Chinmayi herself...! What a modulation. am really short of words to describe her talent. She deserves an award for this but I think hardly people will appreciate this song.. But who cares..?
I love this song and more than that I love chinmayi in this song. Well, what more...........?? superrr song..
5. ELAY
This song is sung by NARESH and KRISH.Haven't heard this song much. So, can't review much. But as far as I have heard it, the most enchanting thing is the part played by the violin in the interludes!! Good singing! First time I though that this song has the typical Roobaroo feel. But NO... Roobaroo is just to ahead of all these...
6. TAXI TAXI
(...................... will be reviewed later...............)
Am too much glued with the first four songs and cos of that I didnt even try to listen Elay and Taxi at all.. May be, when I m bored with those four, I'll go for the remaining two. But hey, will I EVER be bored ?? :P
Well, thats it! Sakkarakatti is really too good.
Cheers,
DIE-HARD fan of A R R !